Motion Lab (“We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
- the data user is Motion Lab of A-19-12A, Atria Sofo Suites, Jalan SS22/23, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
- “personal data” means any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/ and/or your dealings with us. This information may include your name, NRIC number, address, occupation, contact details, details of your account(s), your financial information and such other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) including sensitive personal data.
- “sensitive personal data” means any information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs or any other personal data prescribed under the Act.
Information We Collect From You
In order for us to provide you with our products and services, we may be required to process, including collect, use, disclose and store, your personal data as follows:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site motionlab.live (“our site“) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and request for a quote on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your full name, NRIC number/passport number/company registration number, as the case may be, correspondence address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph and other information as we may require.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect the following information
(a) technical information, including:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
- customer’s login information
- time zone setting
- browser plug-in types and versions
- operating systems and platform
(b) information about your visit, including:
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
- clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time)
- products you viewed or searched for
- page response times
- download errors
- length of visits to certain pages
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- methods used to browse away from the page
The personal data to be submitted may be mandatory or optional. If the personal data required is mandatory and you fail to provide such information, we may not be able to process your dealings with us. If the personal data required is optional, you may choose not to provide such information and we will be able to process your dealings with us.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties (if you consent) to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form, quotation form, order form, check out form, sign up form)
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). This includes personal data to which you have given your consent to disclose personal data relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
We will seek your consent before processing your personal data for a purpose other than those set out in this Privacy Notice and/or in the terms of any of your agreements with us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal data to the extent it is necessary and appropriate to process your dealings with us to the following parties. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 2016.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- to any other third party engaged by us
- with your consent, at your request or as allowed by law
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Motion Lab or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Your personal data may also be disclosed by us where the disclosure is permitted under the Act, including but not limited, to the following:
- where the disclosure is necessary for the purpose of preventing or detecting a crime or for the purpose of investigations; or
- where the disclosure was required or authorised by or under any law or by the order of a court.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
We strive to ensure your personal data is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date at all times.
To prevent any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal data, we have put in place adequate technical and organizational security measures (including regular review and updating our security measures) governing the processing of your personal data and any authorised employees or agents involved in such processing, in accordance with the Act.
All information you provide to us are stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Please note that irrespective of the choice you make in relation to the above, you may still contact us subsequently through the contact details provided below in order for you to change your choice. Your latest choice communicated to us will apply. We will update your most recent marketing preference in our database.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for the duration of your relationship with us or for the period as may be necessary to protect your interest and our interest, as allowed by law.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You may make a data access request in writing for information of your personal data that is being processed by us or request for a copy of your personal data held by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of Ringgit Malaysia Fifty (RM50.00) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If your personal data is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, you may make a data correction request in writing to us and we will make the necessary correction to your personal data.
We may request for documentary evidence to verify your identity. Please note that we may withhold your access to your personal data to the extent permitted by the Act to avoid incidents of fraud and/or inaccurate information. In such situations, we will notify you in writing of the refusal and reasons for the refusal.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice is governed by and construed in accordance with Malaysian law. We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and you may contact us as
Department: Motion Lab
Phone Number: +6013-3322616